Public Engagement and Outreach
How can we meet the water needs of California’s communities, economy, and environment for generations to come? Email us your ideas at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nancy Vogel, Director of the Governor’s Water Portfolio Program
Lisa Lien-Mager, California Natural Resources Agency
(916) 653-9402 Lisa.Lien-Mager@resources.ca.gov
Alex Barnum, California Environmental Protection Agency
(916) 324-9670 Alex.Barnum@calepa.ca.gov
Steve Lyle, California Department of Food and Agriculture
(916) 654-0462 Steve.Lyle@cdfa.ca.gov
Consistent with the Governor’s executive order, the Water Resilience Portfolio will incorporate these principles:
- Prioritize multi-benefit approaches that meet multiple needs at once.
- Utilize natural infrastructure such as forests and floodplains.
- Embrace innovation and new technologies.
- Encourage regional approaches among water users sharing watersheds.
- Incorporate successful approaches from other parts of the world.
- Integrate investments, policies and programs across state government.
- Strengthen partnerships with local, federal and tribal governments, water agencies and irrigation districts, and other stakeholders.